TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2006, 08:07 AM   #1
victor310

Default Equalizer install (1st. try)

Well i finally started to install the wdh on the #2619,i can tell you that after using all my strengh, sorry but i gave up and im going to have my dealer install, i got as far as being able to put one arm on the l bracket, the one on the hinge side i almost rupture myself w.o moving it towards the bracket. I loosened the the socket bolts and was able to move them a little better(after really lubricating the piece and getting rid of thepaint, but when i torquemdown to waht they say 45lbs. torque, i dont think even Hercules could move them.So 1- it did not come setat 45 lbs. if i was able to move them before loosen them, all i can tell you guys is that after only one arm on, i measured front wheel and it read the same as on level ground meas. 33" from the ground. I conould loosen socketsmount bar and tighten to 45 lbs.again after the arms are on, but are they going to flex once on the road?Sorry guys im kind of getting frustated , i thought these would be easier ormaybeits just me making a big deal out of nothing. ill see on tuesday when i take it to have it installed. Have a great Sunday