View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 01:57 PM   #1
OneMoBear
TrailManor Master

Default Does anyone need motivation to make some modifications?

We were taking the TM down to The Car Show today to get the lift kit installed, with the ultimate goal of installing 15" wheels and tires. Unfortunately, we had waited just a little too long. We got within eleven miles of our destination when we had a major blowout on the driver's side of the TM. We were right at the north gate of the Air Force Academy, which would not be our first choice, but could have been worse.

I've read before, I think from B & D that most people find out they have a flat because people are honking at them. I always thought "Seriously???" but I'm delighted to say that was the case with us and that tire was a total mess.

We were able to get all the tires off Interstate 25 except the flat one which was terrific luck. I'll skip the nitty gritty and go right to the motivation.

Will at The Car Show said 99% of blowouts like that would have demolished the plumbing. He thinks the mud flap we installed between the wheel and the plumbing probably saved us from a huge expense.

Our TM is a 2006 but our tires were 2005, too old in everyone's opinion. Color us believers.

Also, we were so glad we had done the spare tire modification as that part was a breeze.

Check out these pictures! We feel extremely fortunate!

Malinda
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo[1].JPG
Views:	100
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	5689   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo[3].JPG
Views:	90
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	5690   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo[1] (2).JPG