View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 05:33 PM   #2
BrucePerens
TrailManor Master

Disassemble as much of the faucet as you can from the top, removing the spout and knobs, and some nuts. The metal body lifts off, exposing the plastic interior. Then take a big pliers and destroy the rest. The inside of the faucet was plastic, and that worked for me to get it out of the way, but didn't solve the access problem. If yours is somehow brass instead of plastic, you'll have to cut the pipe.

The new faucet didn't have its connections in the same place, and the old pipe would not reach or even if it did reach I couldn't get back there. So, I put flexible appliance tubing on the bottom of the faucet from the top of the sink, fed that down through the holes, bolted the fixture down with the flat nuts, and ran that to where I could actually reach the connections on the right side of the cabinet. That took new PEX pipe, and a PEX ring crimper, and I replaced all of the pipe in that cabinet. But now I can reach everything important, and there's even a little more room in the cabinet because I re-routed a pipe that was in the way. This was a whole day's work.

Trailmanor gets minus points for not designing this to be serviced. If I can do it, they could have. The appliance tubing cost a bit more.

Some other folks have actually cut an access door in the side of their camper! This is more straightforward, and allows you to preserve the original pipe. And may be the only alternative for people with shorter arms.