View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 08:32 AM   #1
CrazyCampers

Default Moving TM in garage and leveling

We are planning on ordering a 2720SL this week. In preparation, we are reorganizing our garage so there is more room to store it.

I believe we should be able to back it into our garage without a problem. Once inside the garage, I was hoping we could unhitch it, jack it up with the scissor jacks, slip vehicle skates under the tires, undo the jacks, and slide the TM a foot or two to the side. I was planning on using 2 commercial vehicle skates that are rated for moving a 3 ton vehicle. I don't think we need something to back it in, just for sliding it over. After moving it, we would jack it back up and remove the skates.

Would this work? Can the scissor jacks be used to raise the TM up high enough to get vehicle skates under the tires (5" or so)?

What is the best way to store the TM in the garage? I've read that you want to keep the weight off the tires. Can you do this by just using the scissor jacks high enough to barely take the weight off? I assume you still use wheel chocks for safety.

Also I looked at the threads discussing leveling the TM at a campsite. I like the idea of the BAL tire leveler. I assume you jack up the TM, slide the leveler under the low side, and then use the tire leveler to adjust the sideways level. Is this the correct procedure for using a tire leveler. I assume you then adjust the jacks for front-back level and stabilizing.