View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 07:07 PM   #6
Pater C

Bill I missed the post on “clamp on” meters. I think I saw a different one and got a meter without a clamp because an electrician said I would never really need the clamp. Hmm...in any case I have one I can borrow this go around.

I do have a problem with my left brake light, some sort of periodic short. I haven’t traced it yet. I don’t think the lights are tied in. I haven’t traced them yet, but there are 3 wires to the brakes on the left side. I think they are just wired to power, the breakaway switch and the brakes on the other side. My break controller was factory wired. All I had to do is plug in the controller to the port. A more promising thing to look at is the resistance on the TM that you mentioned. The bargeman connect was severed at some point by a previous owner. It was connected by a bouncy of pigtail connectors (those ones they use a bunch of in the TM) and protected by a piece of PVC. One of them came loose and I decided to removed the pigtails and solder all the wires. I checked the connects before, but not the resistance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7335E9F3-535C-4B1C-AD1A-14617DCAD775.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	18820

2017 Honda Ridgeline
2001 2720SL
Pater C is offline   Reply With Quote