View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 12:34 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Replacing the hose should be easy. They are available in Wal Mart, Lowes, or any RV dealer, of course. The old one is probably screwed in really tight, so don't be afraid to put some muscle into unscrewing it. The new one should be likewise tightened quite firmly, and then you should spray Windex or a soap solution on the fitting to make sure it isn't leaking. Don't use teflon tape or pipe joint compound of any kind. You are looking for a tight brass-to-brass seal.

I'm not sure why the OPD should be replaced. Did the propane dealer have anything to say about that, or was he simply willing to take your money?

As for getting rid of the excess gas, I guess I would simply fire up an appliance or three and let it run until the gauge drops a bit. The furnace is probably the biggest user, so turn up the thermostat, open the door to the TM, and heat Mother Nature for a while. You might also light the stove burners, and perhaps the refrig while you leave its door open. I don't suppose I would just open the tank valve and let the excess gas spill into the air. Fire danger more than anything, I guess - I'm not sure that unburned propane is a worse pollutant than burned propane.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote