View Single Post
Old 05-25-2017, 09:08 AM   #22
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett View Post
88 was when they started using roller lifters in some engines. Is that a 302 V8 ? Also suspect that is a dual roller timing chain.
I know I sound like an idiot, but I'm not a car person, at all - other than "ohhhh, I like the look of that!", so I'd literally have to look at paperwork to check the engine size, but I think 302 is correct. My first Bronco, a 1983, was a 351 and I'm pretty sure that when I ordered the '88 it was 'smaller' because I remember hoping it would get better gas mileage. I don't know about any of it, just what I've been told, for whatever that's worth. I remember having a new radiator put in back in 2002? 2003? and the guy at the repair shop was all excited to see the engine - he went on and on about the differences because mine was a Mustang engine. Out of all the stuff I heard, about the only thing I remember was 'dual drive chain", and I could even have that wrong. And I've heard other's comment about something to do with something being 'rolled' - and I have absolutely zero clue what any of it means. LOL