View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 10:18 PM   #28
wmtire

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdennert View Post
Ok I got a set of 15"x6" wheels rated at 2150 each. $36ea. Tires are Nanco ST225/75D bias with 4 sidwall plies and 6 tread. $63ea. Max load 2540 at 65psi. S seems to imply speed rating of 112mph. They fit with my 2" lift and have more room at the skirt than the 14" radials. Spare fits in rack no problem.

I moved the lift spacers because the arms hit. You all may want to check that.

I'll post pics in my gallery later.
Larsdennert, if you are referring to the "S" on the 'ST" designation on your tire, it won't be a speed rating as in a passenger tire. ST means Special Trailer. This let's you know that the tire is designed for trailer use only, and not to use it on your vehicle. I haven't seen a trailer tire yet (but that doesn't mean that don't make one), that carries the specific ST designation, that is rated for anything over 65 mph. We kinda touched on that when we were talking about using LT or the Euro sized tires in other forums.

We have also been debating a point on using the maximum inflation for our upgraded ST tires, that should carry much more weight than the OE tires did. Well, I found an article from 2001 Camping Life Magazine that shows that the engineers from different manufacturers also differ on this as well. Some say always use the maximum air pressure, while others say use needed pressure to safely carry whatever load you have........which is the same thing we are discussing.

This article also reaffirms a lot of the conclusions we have came to from our forums, even about replacing the tires every 3-5 years regardless of tread.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/inf...ionAnxiety.dos

Please keep us informed of how the Nanco Bias Ply tires do for you.