Thread: Gas Struts
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2023, 12:54 PM   #70
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Default Pictures, upper attahcment assembly in use

I drilled a new holes in the lift bar for the longer length of the new strut, covering the previous holes (too "low down" along the lift bar with a segment of supposedly waterproof white 'goriila tape'. (The tape is easily replaced if it fails).

I originally cut the "big" SS washer of my upper attachment assemblies with with 3 holes - the centered hole for the strut post and opposing bolt, and TWO anti-twist holes for additional off-center bolts.

But when I actually mounted the strut, I realized that just one anti-twist bolt would be more than adequate. any attempted rotation of the main connection would need to legnthen the anti-twist bolt connection. The bolt is anchored with a lockwasher and with locktite, it will be sufficient to keep the strut mount from rotating.

Therefore I chose not to drill the the 3rd set of holes through the lift bar (for a second anti-twist bolt).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lift arm mount with one anti-rotation added bolt.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	22301   Click image for larger version

Name:	arm-mount back detail.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	3.10 MB
ID:	22302   Click image for larger version

Name:	Srut in raised position - full view from side.jpg
Views:	24