Thread: 2417 Questions
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 04:07 PM   #2
sloliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovering View Post
Now that I think we've decided on the 2417, I have a few questions:
How big is the outside storage and is it one or two sections?
Is there storage under the dining seats?
Is there much storage under the sink?
Any bathroom storage?
Does the shower curtain wrap all the way around on the inside?
How wide is the countertop next to the sink?
How deep are the overhead cabinets?

Thanks so much for your help. The nearest TM dealer with a 2417 is 7 hours away, so I've only been able to look at the TMs online.
I haven't seen a 2417 yet, but looking at the web site I notice the following. Full disclosure: I own a 2004 model 2619:

There is a very shallow storage area under the rear bed, approximately 10 12" deep that goes full width of the trailer.
My 2619 has the water tank and furnace under the dinette seats, using about 1/2 of the seating area, leaving the other 1/2 for storage.
Just enough storage for a few kitchen items; small trash can, small bucket, other small items. Notice the accent on small .
No bathroom storage - there is no bathroom on the 2417. To quote the literature: "The 2417 also has a cassette toilet option."
No shower curtain - see above. FWIW, my 2619 does have a wrap around shower curtain.
The counter is approximately 2 feet wide, just large enough for the removable stove to sit on.
The removable overhead cabinets in my 2619 are about 12" deep. They need to be small (and light) as they are removed for towing. If available on the 2417 I would expect them to be the same setup.
The 2417 is laid out similar to the 2720 with 3 feet cut out of the length. That 3 feet is where the built-in stove and bath would be. If you need both, I'd look at the 2720 or 2619.
By the way, I love my 2619; it tows beautifully behind my V6 VW Touareg, even in the mountains out here in the desert. The 2720SL is my favorite though.

Hope this helps.

http://www.trailmanor.com/WebDocs/sp...tdeckspec.html
sloliver is offline   Reply With Quote