View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 06:45 PM   #6
Debbie in Texas

I just signed in! I'm new to the forum but we've been TM owners for 7 years now. We bought an '04 2619 in Aug. 2003. We love it! But we started thinking that someday we may want to live in it. We're looking for land again and we'll eventually build on it. So we started shopping around for a full size, more living and storage space unit. We saw some really nice models out there but came to the conclusion that with this almost paid off we didn't want another 12 year loan. So we brought her home and got her road ready again.

With age comes maintenance. Tightening this, blowing air into that, cleaning out over there. New tires cost us $425 at Discount Tire for 3, new battery $75, and a LOT of elbow grease. White zip ties were used on ours to strap down the electrical cables. They are rotted. We replaced all of them with the black UV proof ties. She's road ready again and I can't wait to get back out there. We haven't been for 4 years now.

Our biggest trip with her was from Michigan > Seattle > through Oregon seeing everything in sight > into Monterey Bay CA > back to Michigan. She was a joy to tow through the mountains. Our next big trip was from Texas > Michigan > California > back to Texas. When we got home we found a lot of bolts loose. Important bolts like on the hitch. Just something to check periodically. We also lost the spare tire and had to replace the rack due to not seating it back into place properly. Luckily it didn't go through the windshield of the girl behind us...