View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 06:58 AM   #3
Joseph

Since I moved up from a pop-up to a 2720SL...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallsrider View Post
Hi, a few more questions about TMs....

Is there any access to the inside floor when they are closed down?

1 - Nope

If not, do you have to raise both sides to get to things inside?

2 - Yes

I'm used to a pop-up, and I can get into the floor area with the top down.

3 - That was always nice when I forgot something. Not going to happen with the TM...

How much floor room is there to carry "stuff"? I'm thinking specifically of an older 2518 here.

4 - Some, not much, hanging cabinet goes to the floor when not in use. Slide on mine comes in. Chair takes up space. Your TM may have upgraded tires and or lift kit. If it does not I would suggest, and others may disagree, that you put very little in the TM. See some of the posts on tires. I tow the TM very light. As light as I can....

To load them for a trip, I'm assuming you open it up, load it, then close it down and hit the road?

5 - Open it up, check that every thing works. Things that are in our TM never come out, well almost. Towels, camp clothes, folding chairs, think light stuff that cannot spoil.

Is there any outside accessible storage on a 2518? I haven't found any of this model in my area, so I haven't seen on in person yet.

6 - Do not know. I would think not if the TM has stayed true to form.

I'm trying to imagine what preparing for a trip would be like. Fridge access, where everything would go, etc.

7 - Much like you did with the pop-up I would think. I am a bit old fashioned. I use an ice chest in the back of the truck. I do not even bother with the refrigerator until I get to where I am going. Takes about 12 hours, depending on conditions, for mine to cool. The ice chest keeps things COLD and where I can get to them. All camping gear goes into the back of the truck. See signature.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Hope it helps! PM anytime. Happy Camping!