View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 07:01 PM   #4
P and B

2Pilgrims,

The shower fix is pretty easy. It has to do with using plastic sheets on the walls (we put our up with velcro) so you don't have to wrap the shower curtain around you making the shower seem tight. This is an hour or so fix using velcro and clear plastic sheeting. I think this is one of the best "mods" you can make on the collapsable TM (haven't seen an elkmont).

As for the bed....I've had two back surgeries so I'm a little sensitive. I found the bed, as-is, uncomfortable. My wife didn't mind it. The fix for this was a 2" to 2.5" king size memory foam topper. I now sleep like a baby and we can still close the shells- albeit they are tighter, and therefor harder to close than without the topper.

Both of these modifications or additions are very simple and not too expensive (the foam topper can be a bit pricey...we found ours on overstock) for the net gains.

Depending on what type of "glamping" experience you're looking for, the TM is a good choice if you can tow something and don't mind the 10 minutes in additional set up time. The only other unit I can think of that comes close is a Hi-Lo and it weighs a lot more and I don't think is as roomy. We have the 3124KS and there's gobs of room- especially when it's just my wife and I.

Have fun.

Phil