Thread: Added features
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 10:54 AM   #8
13dano

Hello,
If you really like the TM, don't give up! What you may want to do is make your best deal with the dealer. Then before closing the deal, make it contingent on switching the microwave with something like this instead:
http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/r...-wedgewood.htm

My guess is that they would change it out for you with little to no charge as opposed to losing your business. Their profit margins are so high and I suspect the RV industry is slowing down now.

To each his own, but I personally haven't used my oven at home in months, but use the microwave everyday so my 2720sl is equipped with the microwave. It hasn't moved or shifted an inch and I've put thousands of miles on the TM so far. If I am dry camping and need the microwave I just use my generator. Since it's a microwave, I rarely need to have the generator on for more than five minutes at any one time.

Please take into consideration that counter space is at a premium and even a small microwave would take up valuable space - along with having to stow it when closing up the TM. Since I camp primarily in the south, my mindset was that I probably didn't need to heat up the inside of the TM with an oven, especially if I am dry camping. Additionally my outdoor grill can be used as an oven if needed.

I love civil war reenactments! I just recently found out that there are WWII reenactments also which surprised me.

Dan