View Single Post
Old 03-12-2006, 11:43 AM   #5
PopBeavers

2005 2720 with 2 inch lift kit and roof a/c, you will need 6 feet 10 inch vertical clearance. My driveway slopes a little steeper downhill than the modest slope of the garage floor.

With the rear receiver approximatly one inch from the back wall, and the TM slightly swung to one side, the front of the TM with the tongue swung away is 18 feet 1 inch from the back wall. Be careful measuring the distance to the door. I just noticed that the hinges on the roll up door stick back into the garage by almost an inch.

It appears that you have plenty of depth. The vertical height might be an issue.

Options that I see are:

1. Make sure the roll up door rolls up higher than the door header if it does not do so already. I had to convert from a rigid swing up door to a roll up door.

2. Don't get the a/c. I used mine on one trip last year out of 8 trips.

3. Don't get the lift kit. Without the lift kit I would be dragging the ground while backing into the driveway. The crown of the street rolls down to the gutter and then the driveway slopes up from there.

4. Let air out of the tires when going in/out of garage.

5. Make your own one inch lift kit. The factory sells an after market 2 inch lift kit that bolts in. When the lift kit is installed at the factory it is welded in. The lift kit is basically a length of 2 inch box tubing. I have not done this, but it appears to be possible.

I suggest you get the TM with a/c and no lift kit and then add a little lift if you need it. Maybe you don't need the lift kit at all. If you know you will need a full two inch lift kit then either omit the a/c or plan on letting air out of the tires.