View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 06:20 PM   #1
tmrebel

Default New owner smilies for a new-to-us TM

Hi Everyone! We have been surfing this forum for almost a year now. Purchased a new to us 1999 TM 2720, last April. Been wanting one for well over 10 years. My computer crashed a few months ago, so the before pics are MIA. (We wont get into how one of my externals doesnt work with win 10) For being an oldie, it was much loved by the previous original family. Only garaged when not in use. They took over 2 hours to give us the rundown on how to operate everything and were so happy, knowing their old girl was going to a loving new home.

As a female, I decided the interior is much too outdated, so have been slowly updating, such as the curtains and will def replace the hunter green carpet. Changing out the fake brass fixtures for a more updated fake brushed nickle. Have a list for $$$ items, such as two 6v batteries, new propane tanks, isolator for TV, (already learned that issue), and the list grows as we read the forum. Need minor exterior fixes such as re-screen the front rock guard...have frame but no shield. Some tweaking needed for clamps that hold her closed and the rear track/arm thingy's under the QB that swing out to hold it up is in need of some new guide to help it slide....who new duck tape "doesn't" have a use... I am probably making it seem like its a total fixer, but it really isnt at all.

We are excited about getting ready to use it for our upcoming road trip through eastern California, OR, WA, then back down the coastal side. Have no real destination plan as far as where we are staying for over-nites. Just hoping to boon dock it. I feel like if we have reservations we have to hurry and we might miss something...HA!

Anyway, I finally realized that I could have been posting on here sooner. Now that I have joined and committed... I see that there "IS" way more info to be had. Thank you for having this site!

Rebel
tmrebel is offline   Reply With Quote