Thread: '06 2720sl
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 04:24 AM   #9
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett View Post
Thank you. Think they will be ok for the trip home (about 65 miles). Looked closely with a light and looked new.

Any opinions on the tire/wheel combos from Northern Tool ? BTW I did not see a spare, is it hidden somewhere ?

The OBD-II app is Torque and runs on Android. Are others for Windows and iPad but are more expensive. All can use the same BT dongle. I just have one in each OBD car that I just leave there. They do not seem to use any material power while engine is off.
My experience with what I thought were decent tires is this... I bought a used TM and the tires looked well enough to be able to take the rig out on its first camping trip. Couple of hundred miles. All went well on the way there. As we slept on the first night. We were jostled awake with a loud bang. After scrambling outside to see what that was, I noticed the left side tire had exploded. Would have been lots more damage had we been been towing it at that moment. It's your choice but I don't leave home on someone else's used tires. Im presently using Carlisle "E" rated tires.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote