View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 06:22 PM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallen1x View Post
I've been doing some looking into the TM line (missed out on one at an auction) and I have some questions.
Can the floor plan be changed by a DIY'r? I like the 3225 & the 3326, with the front slide, but would rather have the double couch / dinette setup (length wise) in the front instead of the single couch (sideways).
Once you have gotten a slide model, I suppose you can do anything you want with the stuff on the slide. But you cannot convert a slide model into a non-slide (or vice versa). Stick with the basic structure, and go from there.

Quote:
2) Also, has anyone removed the dinette that's by the door in these units and moved the stovetop over there? I'm looking to get a larger living room area out of this.
You can certainly remove the dinette. Moving the stove is something else. The stove itself is not particularly rigid, and needs some cabinetry to hold it in place and in shape. And of course you would have to move the gas plumbing to the new location - not necessarily a big deal if you are accustomed to working with copper gas line.

Quote:
3) Can the bathroom & wardrobe (along with the kitchen) be moved forward by a foot or so? I'm not looking forward to crawling over the DW or laying length wise and scooting to the foot of the bed to get out. I'm wondering if I can make it into a partial walk around?
This would be a much bigger deal, in that you would have to move the bathroom plumbing. The fresh water lines run in a channel under the floor, so you would be faced with relocating the pipes above the floor. And the drain plumbing is closely fitted under the TM - and the underside of a TM is a very busy place. I don't think you could do this.

Making mods to any trailer, including a TM, is not like making mods to a stick-built house. In an RV, everything is designed and built with everything else in mind. When you disturb one thing, it has far-reaching consequences. You might be looking at a jigsaw puzzle and thinking "I'd like to move that third row one space to the left." Seems simple. Tough to do.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote