View Single Post
Old 09-24-2003, 08:10 AM   #14
arknoah

Default Re:What won you over??

Back in the early 1970s my parents purchased a used trailer, and I always enjoyed my few trips with them before college. When I saw an ad for the new Coleman pop-ups with slide outs, I was sold, however, after long discussions and considering other kinds of units, Ellen said she absolutely wanted the secure feeling of solid walls and a full size bathroom (small as RV bathrooms are, that is). I insisted on the open feeling you get with a pop-up where cabinets and counters tops are lower. The Trailmanor was the perfect solution. It is very easy to tow (the one thing I dreaded about with full size trailers), has all the amenities you could want, and is very well built.

During a really bad hail storm this spring, we developed a leak at one of the overhear vents. After consulting this excellent board, we took out the old caulk and replaced it, which is something even some as non-handy as I could do. Since this is our third season, I don't think a leak at this time is really a problem.

Eventually, as our kids get bigger, we may want more space, but for now, this was a great purchase.