View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 10:13 AM   #6
PopBeavers

Maybe I miss-interpreted your question, so I offer my procedure in an effort to perhaps clarify some issues.

Our camping is mostly weekend trips. I am always looking for ways to minimize the amount of time between when I get home from work on Friday and when we depart. I want to get ahead of as much traffic as possible.

The weekend before the trip I pull the TM out of the garage and park in on the street in front of the house, usually keeping it connected to the truck. I fill fresh water, charge toilet, restock non perishable food, load the clothing, etc.

I fill the fridge with beverages and other things that don't need to be cold, but I want them to be cold when I get there.

Last thing I do is load the floor up with the extra stuff, chairs, outdoor tables, generator (if I even take it), etc. Then I set the fridge to 12 volts, turn the fridge fan on, close the TM and park it in the garage. I disconnect the batteries.

On Wednesday I reconnect the batteries and plug in to shore power. This gets the fridge cold and tops off the batteries.

On Thursday night the perishable food (milk, lettuce, etc.) is loaded into a Coleman 12 volt cooler, plugged into 120 volts in the house.

When I get home Friday I disconnect from shore power and pull the TM out of the garage. The cooler is placed in the back seat of the truck and plugged into the cigarette lighter.

Any other last minute items are loaded and off we go. From the time I get home until we leave is between 30 and 45 minutes.

In camp, the cold beverages are moved to an ice chest (we got ice on the way) and the food in the 12 volt cooler is moved to the TM fridge.

Coming home any items I want access to at home, like the chairs, tables and generator, are loaded into the back of the truck.

So, going to the campground I have as much stuff in the TM as possible. This is secured storage. Anything in the back of the truck could be stolen because the truck stays outside.

Coming home I leave a lot of stuff out because when I get home the TM goes into the garage immediately.

The stuff that went into the truck, like chairs, table, generator, are all stacked in front of the TM where I have access at home.