View Single Post
Old 08-14-2004, 06:20 PM   #4
RockyMtnRay
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamperCoyle
Have another question I'm waiting for the dealer to call back so in the meantime - We doing our final measurements to make sure it fits in our garage. The website gives two measurements towing length (closed) and body -open. Is the closed length back of trailer to the coupler?
Yes, the closed length is back of the trailer to the coupler...the specified 20' 3" for a 2720 is very close to accurate (I have a 2002 2720SL). If you have any worries about garage length, get the swing-away tongue option...it really does cut the storage length by about 1.5 feet...for this model that is to about 18'6". My trailer (with the swing away tongue) does comfortably fit (with about a foot to spare) in my 19.5 foot garage!
Quote:
Is the 27' equivalent - just an estimate or is it really supposed to add up to that in which case is that the open body length plus the front of the trailer to the coupler?
The 27 is a "kinda" equivalent...the actual length of the open trailer's interior is about 23 feet from front wall to rear wall at its maximum (about a foot below the roof line). If you had a standard box trailer that was 27 feet (including tongue) from rear bumper to front of tongue, it would also have roughly the same 23 feet of interior length when a 4 foot tongue is subtracted...however (huge however), that 23 feet would also likely be at the floor level as well as at roof level. A regular 2720 (not SD or SL) actually has about 16 feet of interior length measured at floor level (The extra 7 feet (to get the 23 feet at just below roof level) comes from the slide out beds). Clearer?

I use my TM as a base camp for hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, and climbing Colorado's 14ers

The Trailer: 2002 TM Model 2720SL ( Mods: Solar Panels (170 Watts), Dual T-105 Batteries, Electric Tongue Jack, Side AC, Programmable Thermostat, Doran TP Monitor System)

The Tow Vehicle: 2003 Toyota Tundra V8 SR5 4X4 w/Tow Package (Towing & Performance Mods: JBA Headers, Gibson Muffler, 4.30 gears, Michelin LTX M/S Tires, Prodigy Brake Controller, Transmission Temperature Gauge)

RockyMtnRay is offline   Reply With Quote