View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 01:45 PM   #8
wmtire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
I have used light truck tires on my TM for the last four years. I had two blowouts with ST tires before I changed. You can get 14 inch tires with higher load rating. I bought Cooper tires last time. The dealer said they were a commercial type light truck tire. They were 195R14C, Load Range D 106/104Q with a load rating of 2095 lbs at 65 PSIG. I keep them at 65 PSIG. They are not TT tires however but I have had no problem with them. Ive had them for four years.

Hey hey Hey!!!! Frenchy may have found the answer for us. These 195's he is talking about are in what's called a European Metric tire sizing. They work out to be close to what would be a 195/80/14 if that size was made in a P-metric size.

Looking at Cooper/Mastercraft charts, this tire works out to be 26.20 inches, compared to a 215/75R14 which is 26.60 inches. Half of that works out to be .20 inch difference. A little shorter but not much.

http://www.mastercrafttires.com/us/e...ht+Truck+Tires

They are an 8 ply tire, and carry over 2000 pounds apiece, like Frenchy said. I can get these tires in the MCraft brand for the 195/14, but not in a 225/75/15. I think this would be something good to test, and Frenchy is already doing it.

Thanks for the info Frenchy.