View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 04:18 AM   #6
wmtire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
So we are back to "passenger car tires are designed to give a soft ride, trailer tires are designed to give a soft ride, and truck tires have a stiffer sidewall."
Bill
Bill, I read that article also, and believe the author (that you are just quoting from Casa Dos' post) made a misprint in organizing her sources for all the info. Trailer tires are not designed to give a soft ride. I have stated before that with 50-65 psi, you're not going to have a "soft" anything. Radial trailer tires might give a little "softer" ride.

I was looking at TaskMaster tires, but they don't make the 215/75R14 size.....however they did have a document that might be interesting reading as to the differences between passenger, trailer, and LT tires. It's called "Why buy trailer tires". Even this article has a few things I don't agree with either.

http://www.taskmasterproducts.com/ac...r_service.html

EDIT: Back on the subject of using LT truck tires on the TrailManor, I believe is going to be a mute point. Being the common sizes and plies seem to be a 215/75R14 Load range C (6 ply rating) and a 225/75R15 Load Range D (8 ply rating), I don't think you will EVER find these tires produced in anything but a ST trailer tire. If anybody can find them manufactured in a LT tire, I'd be interested in them sharing this info, so I can look into them. Thanks