View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 05:27 PM   #8
Mr. Adventure
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Right you are, Tim. I am one of those "customers" who wrote the company's Tech Support line and asked "Why?" I never got an answer, but this appears to be it.

At this point, only one thing worries me. The Tekonsha literature describes the Amps readout as a "diagnostic". 'Scuse me? It should be the default readout! It looks like you have to have to hit MENU/OPTIONS > HELP > TROUBLESHOOT and then scroll to OUTPUT CURRENT to get there! That's of little use, if you have to do this every time you hook up the trailer. And when you are in TROUBLESHOOT mode, do all the normal readouts and warnings (like the flashing red NO CONNECTION, or OPEN GROUND, or SHORTED) still work? From the skimpy installation leterature, I can't tell.

I bought a Japanese motorcycle in 1968. Great bike, but the Operator's Manual had been translated directly from Japanese, and made no sense at all. This is kind of the same - good product, useless manual. Tekonsha should do better. Anyone want to try to get answers out of Tekonsha? Maybe you'll have better luck than I did.

Bill
When I installed my Prodigy, I hit a point of conflict between the instructions and reality under the dash. I called Tekonsha costomer support, and to my amazement, I was connected to an English speaking technician who was very helpful and knowledgeable about their product and it's connections for my vehicle. Not bad for something I spent a little more than a hundred bucks for!

I'm not sure what the differences are, but I bet they can provide the details.
Prodigy brake controller.

"It's not how fast you can go, it's how fast you can stop an RV that counts."
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote