View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 11:45 AM   #3
Wingedryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubjaysnest View Post
This sounds more like typical sloppy dealership workman ship. Check this thread as a possible fix: http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=11022

Yours sounds like the panel is on the front shell and may be a little difficult to reroute using the Cord mate II. I ran 8 AWG from the refrig compartment along the frame in 1/2" pvc conduit to the batteries in the back when I up graded the TV charging wires.

Also don't know if the Cord mate II is UV resistant.
Scrubjaysnest.
I looked at the link to HarveyRV's solar panel install and must say, mine looks similarly neat & clean on the exterior. Apologize, after more thought (TM currently in storage) the visible taped up interior wiring is actually on the rear of the FRONT shell, where it overlaps the back shell (hidden when the shells are both raised). So, presumably it could even be A/C wiring(?).

My solar panels are actually mounted on the REAR shell, and my battery is all the way forward, under the opposite (curb) side dinette bench.

I guess I'll have to trace the wiring better next spring. I let the dealer's explanation go, as we were so busy dealing with other TM issues this year (mal-functioning brakes, etc., etc.). Didn't know we were buying a "fixer-upper" when we purchased a new TM. Thanks again for your thoughts!
Wingedryder is offline   Reply With Quote