View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 05:59 PM   #7
BobRederick

Eric,

I am pulling the 3326 with my GMC Envoy with the same inline 6. I am using a WDH and am happy with this combo.

Last summer, I pulled it to the TM Rendesvous in Colorado Springs, East across Nebraska, West across South Dakota, then Wyoming to Yellowstone and the Tetons, then back to Arizona.

This summer, I pulled it to Las Vegas, Reno, and then spent 2 mo in Susanville, Ca. I then pulled it to Lake Tahoe and over the Sierras on Hwy 4. Hwy 4 has a lot of narrow stuff with no stripe. I got down to 20 or 30 MPH, but the scenery was so awesome that I would probably have been at that speed without the TM anyway. I never did have more than 1 or 2 cars behind me but I pull over to let them pass. Some of that road has switchbacks so tight that it seemed I could see my own tail lights. I am currently set up in Sonora, Ca.

I had one scarey moment in 2005 where oversteer made it feel like I had suddenly driven onto ice -- the steering became loose to the feel in an unexpected curve. At the time, I didn't know what oversteer meant. My wife couldn't feel anything unusual, so it was all in the steering. Once I understood oversteer, I have not had the feeling return -- possibly because I expect it AND slow down more before the turn. Use light braking in the curves.

I raised mine with the TM lift kit and pull into dry camps using 4-Low. This rig is excellent for that.

If you are going to pull the Rockies and in a hurry on a freeway, you might not be happy with this rig, but I like it the way I use it. Best wishes with yours.