View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 12:56 PM   #7
TheBrowns

Thanks MariaG...will be looking forward to DH's response (my DH is offshore right now and keeps asking me if I have found out anything yet...LOL). not sure what the acorn bolts are..We are more worried on how to take the tension (or torsion) off the top to get that plate loose...It is still caught by that one bolt. Also have some upper top damage where you had it and will work on that later.
Harveyrv...sounds like a good idea..especially the plate since I was wondering what I could do to make the attachment stronger. I can be doing the wood rot cleanout while DH is still out...one less thing for him to do. Just a little worried about what would happen if that one bolt (which is just caught at an angle comes loose if I am under it. See Pic
robertkennel...DH and I are very handy but are just worried about the top coming down. The rot is probably from the wheel well (square box style)...the former owner had a blowout and never repaired the box so water was being sprayed up in there. (The wheel well has been repaired but might also look into retrofitting it later)