View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 11:21 AM   #9
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

WOW, you go to a lot of trouble! I think I'm too lazy, or in too much of a rush, to go through all that! I use an Anderson - I back into the site, shy of my anticipated final location by about two feet. I check the side to side level mounted between the tongue frame on the front of the trailer. Based on that, I place the Anderson behind the appropriate wheel, and back up onto it enough to level. This sometimes requires a few times of getting out of the truck, checking the level, checking the Anderson to see how much more I need to back onto it, or if I need to come off of it some. Once that is done, I drop the trailer, level front to back with the tongue jack. From there I lower all the stabilizer jacks, once they touch the piece of 2x4 I put under each one, I crank up about one full turn. I do a final check on the two small bubble levels on the front of the trailer, and that's it. Oh, once the stabilizers are down, I jack up the tongue jack one full turn. I do this just to give an ever so slight slope to the trailer, so if it rains, water will run off the back, not pool near the junction of the two shells (my rear shell is no longer higher down the center line). If I have trouble setting the door (which is sometimes the same problem as yours - setting the pin of the small left door jamb into the rear upper shell), I use a wrecking bar to lift the rear shell so I can seat the door jamb.