View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 06:13 PM   #4
commodor47
Site Sponsor

A truck driver once asked me, "If you through an arrow up in the air, which end hits the ground first?" Naturally I said the tip or arrow head (the heavier end). He then proceeded to tell me, "That is what happens to the trailer I pull . . . if I have to slam on the brakes to avoid an accident" "I will watch the trailer go right by my window" (again, the heavier part of the tractor trailer). I would have the electric brake controller installed. We bought our unit from a private party in Wilmington, NC. I borrowed my niece's 2000 Tundra and had the electric brake control installed (in her truck) and it did make a big difference. At one point along I-95 I could see several vehicles parked in the brake down lane (about a mile up the road). As I got closer, the vehicles decided to pull out into my travel lane. I couldn't safely change lanes because other vehicles were in the passing lane. I ended up braking very hard in order to avoid rear ending the inattentive driver who was now directly in front of me. I should add that the driver decided to pull into my travel lane at the last minute. I was glad to have the electric brake control!

Dick
Albums
commodor47 is offline   Reply With Quote