View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 12:56 PM   #2
2bcs1jrt

Of course any trailer could have leaks. There is nothing I've heard about good or bad model years. I have a 1996 2518 (a size they don't make anymore) I've had it a year. No leaks and I tow with a 1999 Astro. The walls are constructed of a foam core sandwiched between aluminum sheets. This is what makes it light and easy to tow and nicely insulated. We had a tent trailer prior to this and much prefer the hard walls to canvas. This was why I didn't want a hybrid. You would need a weight distribution hitch with your Astro. And while you can stay hitched when open, it is hard to access the back of the Astro when the shells are open.
And no, you cannot access the inside when closed down. This is a downside, for sure. Changing a tire also requires popping the shells.
Another downside is that it's hard to find an outfit to work on them...at least in California. I am lucky that there is a place 2 hours away but generally RV places around where I live say "what's a TrailManor?" You will see lots of posts where people do their own repairs and modifications.
Having said that, I still am glad to have it. it tows easily. It's comfortable. And I love having a bath and shower.
Cheri
PS
If it's in good shape, thats a great price.