View Single Post
Old 02-20-2002, 06:28 AM   #5
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

Default Re: New Owner - a Few Trivial Questions

Appreciate the responses from all of you.

Quote:

Like Jon, my first reaction to the door was that the pin might not have been completely inserted in the clip. The door will go together without the pin inserted, but it may be a recipe for disaster. The only way to be sure it’s in is to look at it closely every time.

I would be concerned about fixing the stripping with glue, and would recommend contacting the manufacturer.

We've been trying to measure the height of the hitch before hooking up and then after putting on the bars, and hoping for no less than a 1/2 inch difference. What we've done to keep the trailer more or less balanced is to put most of the weight on or forward of the axle(s). This is a quick and easy way and it has served us so far. Perhaps, though, >Mack's more scientific method is a better approach.
Sorry I didn't specify - but I have been very careful about engaging the jam and door keeper pins. The issue is about a "seemingly" short plastic, pivoting zee clip. Doesn't seem as if it can provide real security, and the door separates easily when opening.

Hmmm.... you are probably right about the stripping!

Again, apologies to all of you - I should have specified that my equalizer was set up by the dealer, and the vehicle rides dead level. I weighed it on a commercial scale while attached to the tow car. It registered 2980 lbs. I was trying to account for the hitch down force and intuited it to be around 170 lbs of an estimated 500-520 lbs. This would, if in the "ballpark", mean the trailer dry weight to be approx. 2800 lbs.

My 2002 2720 has all options but the elect. tongue jack and microwave and swing-around hitch. Maybe someone has the numbers readily available(?).

Denny, Eh!
Denny_A is offline   Reply With Quote