View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 11:02 PM   #3
luvmymanor1
BannedUsers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgpmd1 View Post
Sorry to hear about your tire issues. I purchased a new-to-me 2006 2720SL last July and after reading about tire issues and other problems on the forum, decided to install a factory lift kit and go to 15" wheels and tires. Even though the tires looked brand new (the unit was only used three time and garaged due to the death of the owner's husband after using on three short trips), I wanted more rubber on the road. After installing the lift kit in May, finally found a tire guy in the area that would help me. He ordered the exact wheels that I wanted and I went with his tire recommendation. We went with metal stems and kept checking the tire pressure along the way.

I'm pleased to report that we went from D.C. to Yellowstone via a family reunion in NE on the way out without any tire problems. Came back through CO and even though there we other minor issues with the TM, pleased at how easy it was to tow. Have you considered going to a 15" tire?
yeah its something I have considered but since I had to purchase new 14" on the trip I doubt very very highly that I will be upgrading anytime soon. Honestly, i looked closely at the spect of the 15" tires and although they are rated at 2500 lbs why should I uses these when I'm not intending to overload the TM. the 14"ers are rated for 1850 lbs. which are within the rating for the axles weight. people put the 15" tires and think that everything is great and now I don't have to worry about weight since my tires can support more which in thelong run is even more dangerouse. I'm not saying you do this but I'm sure some do. I think in my situation its age of the tire. clearly you switched out the tires for new ones so you have new rubber. thanks for your input hopefully others here will chime in on the age issue. if thats even an issue to begin with... we'll see.
I am a cheating freeloader. I have signed up for a Free Trial Membership 8 times under different names. I have received much thoughtful help from the forum members, but I am not grateful. I will not pay my fair share of the board expenses. I think you should pay it for me. You guys are suckers.
luvmymanor1 is offline   Reply With Quote