View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 10:08 PM   #1
luvmymanor1
BannedUsers

Default 1000 miles and three blown tires... OMG this sucks!

so I decided to take the kids and DV out west... purchased a TM three months ago and been working on it ever since and it has never stoped. been draining the bank account too. so anyway everything was working and we hit the road. one hour from home and we blow a tire... ok it sucks but not the end of the world we all get a flat once in a while so I put the spare on and we are back on the road in twenty. we even found a tire plce that had the exact tire we needed. great! right? Nope... we get annother 300 miles and we blow another tire. another 350 and we blow the third one. now its not even funny... this time its in Canada and NO ONE had the darn tire for the TM. so had to unhitch on the side of the road and cross back over to the us and pick up tires to drive back to the TM and rehitch to het to the campground back in the US. ugrrrr. longggggg day.

so heres the thing. I'm not over weight becouse I got the thing weighed.... I adjusted the WDH and cant imagine it has anything to do with that. fyi, 600 lb bars and adjusted properly according to the directions. measured the fenders and all. called Ed at Tm and he tells me that its the age of the tires. (04) but only been on the road since 05. he tells me that tires (goodyear marathons) are only good for three years after that they can fail due to rubber breakdown even if the tire NEVER saw the road like the spare under the TM. all the blow outs occured on the right hand side or door side of the TM. two occured on about a 5-7% grade incline and the third on a flat road coming around a soft right turn ( which would not put additional stree on that side). road conditions was cracks and some uneveness on the first two but the last none.

I now have all brand new tires so befor I get another blow out I figure post here and see if others can help me understand what is happening... are the goodyear marathons crap? has this occured to others? am I not supposed to drive 300 miles per day? I just want to enjoy this thing already and not have to work on it all of the time. any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm half way to my destinationa and considering turning back home... perhapsgive it another shot... but with new tires and another $$$ down the drain. I'm getting real stressed. please help!
I am a cheating freeloader. I have signed up for a Free Trial Membership 8 times under different names. I have received much thoughtful help from the forum members, but I am not grateful. I will not pay my fair share of the board expenses. I think you should pay it for me. You guys are suckers.
luvmymanor1 is offline   Reply With Quote