View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 06:42 AM   #10
wmtire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
No sign of an "S" on my 15-inch Goodyears, either, although it says "radial" in several places. I'm sure Bobby will straighten it out when he returns from wherever he is gallivanting.

Bill
Hmmm, this is interesting. I'm not a certified Goodyear dealer, and accordingly, wouldn't be privy to any internal "silent recalls" (or "customer satisfaction adjustments/CSA" as they are more commonly known as).

One of my real good friends is a Goodyear dealer and I'll see what he can tell me. I've read lately somewhere about Goodyear doing a CSA on some G159 tires on the big rv's.

A CSA in the tire world kinda works like some Technical Service Bulletins/TSB in the auto world. The manufacturer is aware of a problem, and informs their dealers of it. Sometimes they will pay for the fix, but usually don't advertise it, and then only pay for it IF the customer is aware of the TSB and complains. It depends on the volume and scope of how many tires are included in a CSA, on how well publicized the CSA becomes. I know that Goodyear this year had a CSA on size 215/70R14 tires across about 20 different brand lines, that were all manufactured in one plant. They even put a notice of this CSA on their own webpage......so it wasn't very "silent". By them doing this, they also headed off the NHTSA ordering a full recall on that tire.