View Single Post
Old 08-15-2023, 01:29 PM   #4
MiniMe

I know CO doesn't have an odor. That's why we aired out the TM and shut everything off to be safe. This was during a trip in the middle of the night too so we had to hunker down with the blankets until we could leave in the morning.

When I had the TM serviced, I also had the dealer install brand new batteries so that wasn't the issue.

I don't use hair/deodorant sprays and clean with a Lysol/water mix. We don't keep any chemicals/solvents, etc stored in the TM besides the toilet deodorizer.

After a trip, I always vacuum/clean the entire interior to keep bugs/rodents from moving in and wash the exterior, but then the TM is always allowed to air/dry out for a full day before closing up for storage.

It just seems odd that even after servicing, replacing the batteries, and replacing the CO detector that I was still having issues with the random beeping. Maybe the new detector was just defective? If I wanted a replacement unit, I would've had to pay to ship it to Safe-T-Alert so I opted to purchase the plug-in detector instead.

So for now, this is still a mystery!
MiniMe is offline   Reply With Quote