View Single Post
Old 03-28-2023, 03:08 PM   #44
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmanor View Post
I will offer another option:

ECLV 30'' Electric Wireless Remote Control Dining Table Coffee Table Lift,Black,110V-240V,Working Platform Computer Desk Electronic Scissor Lift

It's a lift designed for light duty work that should handle the TM shells.
Available from amazon for $279. It has "actuator" power.

The challenge would be adapting it for the front shell....
Along the same brainstorming lines, another useful device might a high lift jack, as used by the off-road crowd. They have a lift range (min to max height) of about 42 inches, which should be plenty. Small, relatively light, easy to carry and easy to handle, about $70 on Amazon. It could be mounted in a way that it has a vertical lift at the beginning, but then leans over and follows the shell, continuing to lift, as the shell goes "around the corner" and starts to move forward. The downside is that it has a manual inch-at-a-time click-ratchet handle like the tire jack in your '52 Buick, and requires 40 or 50 pumps of the handle for maximum travel.

I've seen an electric version, with an electrically-rotated threaded lead screw - same idea as the tongue jack, but longer. I think it would be ideal for the application, but I can't find it at the moment. Anyone?

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hi-lift jack.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	21782  
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote