View Single Post
Old 03-15-2023, 02:32 PM   #13
Diamond_D

I'd like to get the DC-DC charger you linked, for the purpose of helping keep up with the fridge's DC draw during long drives (I'm planning on adding 100-200W solar and hopefully the combination will avoid getting to a dry campsite with depleted battery). I'm OK at least trying it with my existing tow vehicle wiring, understanding that the current will be relatively limited due to small gauge wires.

What is the best way to take my current bargman wire, and get it connected to the input side of the DC-DC charger (assuming I'll mount it up front near my tongue-mounted battery)? Specifically, do I re-route the 12V wire from the bargman to go to the input side of the DC-DC, instead of to the junction box with the rest of the bargman wires? How about the ground/negative wire for the input side of the DC-DC? I've seen lots of youtube videos of folks running new 4AWG wire from the tow vehicle battery to the DC-DC via an anderson connecter, but I'd like to avoid all that extra complication if not absolutely necessary.

Thanks for any guidance you can share!
Diamond_D is offline   Reply With Quote