View Single Post
Old 09-13-2022, 11:08 PM   #11
rich2468
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by D2Eben View Post
My 2720 QD is wired for putting solar panels on the rear. Does anyone know how it is wired into the trailer and where I can get a wiring diagram for this.

Dennis
Hi Dennis- My reply comes from remembering a similar post last year in the "TrailManor Fans" FaceBook group...

It seems as though TrailManor's idea of wired for solar isn't what you're probably looking for....it's definitely not "plug and play" and they have not updated wiring diagrams to reflect the inclusion of wiring that was added so you could easily add a "factory-like" solar addition.

The TrailManor wiring diagram available is mostly correct, but it definitely doesn't have any references of a solar charge controller (or where you'd connect it) or how the wires from a solar panel are connected to the controller.

(My background)
I have a 2021 2922KB (built summer of 2020) which came with factory solar (which consisted of a 100 watt rigid panel mounted on the rear shell and a Grape Solar PWM solar charge controller installed into the face of the sink cabinet).

If your TrailManor was wired for solar,
You should have wiring inside the sink cabinet between the front of your sink and the inside of the sink cabinet for placement of a solar control.
-it'll be the same gage wire as you see in your battery compartment and it'll be just passed through the space between the sink and cabinet for no obvious reason (other than its just waiting to be connected to a charge controller).
-You'll likely have to lay on your back with your head in the sink cabinet facing up shining a flashlight into the space above so you can discern which wires are the ones plugged into the water pump switch, the refrigerator fan switch , the heater thermostat, and water/ gray water tank display....but when you do, you should easily see the extra wires which are routed through that space, but are plugged into nothing.

For simplicity sake, I'm sure TrailManor probably added the extra wiring (as a standard in the build process) to all TrailManors as it's probably not more than an extra $5 in wires and it would allow them (or a dealer) to add a modest amount of solar much easier after manufacture.

The factory runs wires from the rear mounted solar panel down the side of the rear shell to underneath the TrailManor and into a hole drilled in the floor just behind the tub. (In my 2922KB, there was a small hatch panel, towards the tub, which I removed from the rear storage compartment that allowed me to access the area where the factory brings the two cables in from underneath for the solar panel.)

The factory solar supply wires meet the wires from the solar charge controller inside the hatch accessible via the tub side rear storage compartment. You will likely find two wires inside with that hatch with nothing more than electrical tape for termination- That's where you connect your solar panel wires.

Sorry I don't have pictures available to help clarify the above details. I've removed my factory solar and heavily upgraded my solar and battery.

Rich

420Ah LiFePO4 battery bank, kilowatt solar, 3K Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter, DC-to-DC Charger, Sealand 711-M28 toilet, Maxxis 8008 Load Rated E
rich2468 is offline   Reply With Quote