View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 03:27 PM   #10
TM_Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumbleweed View Post
I added a fridge fan switch under the TM near the HW drain ( added a water proof box ) This allows me to control the fridge ( shells closed) fan without opening. I then open partially close the fridge door and put fridge on AC and close up. The night before, I plug in to shore power and flip second fan switch. I am not a big fan of leaving the fridge closed and not on. You can never get it really dry after returning home and closing it completely may result in mold and musty odor.

Remember all the water tanks( HW, Thetford, fresh) is about 240 additional lbs.
Good point about leaving door shut. This is my 5th trailer so I should realize that. I actually bungeed the door such that it was stable but partially open when I closed down the trailer. No issues with turning on the night before with the door slightly open?

Also on the tanks, I saw some info that said that there was a bit over 800 lbs cargo capacity after tanks full on the 2619 but I would have to look up the info. On the 240 lbs, are you referring to a potential dangerous overage or weight consideration for the TV? I'm pulling with a diesel so my primary concern is keeping those poor tires and the TM within limits I do love not pushing all that wind as with the prior setup!