View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
TM_Matt

Default Interior and Exterior Questions - 2002 2619

Hi, I have a number of questions about interior/exterior and general. If I should post separate topics that would be fine but here goes.

1. Cooling fridge night before a trip without opening - at the end of a trip, do you just set the TM fridge to 12v mode with the fan on and then disconnect the battery? I need to be able to cool down without opening due to storage in the garage.

2. The device that holds the entry door open is gone. Can anyone provide a photo or description of the device that holds the door open? It's in the top left corner of the door and attaches to the trailer to the top-right of the door. This was missing when I purchased.

3. Bikes - I see there are some bike racks that are recommended. Does anyone have any trouble with clearance, such as making a very sharp turn or u-turn, while towing the TM and having 3 bikes on the back of the TV? Is a rack on the back of the TM preferable? Do any racks allow you to open the TM without removing the bikes/rack?

4. The plastic bed rails under the beds are worn on one bed - I see some have replaced with aluminum rails. I think I could just flip the rails that are worn so they rest on non-damaged part but are these easy to get? Should I just bypass the plastic and go metal? I can't tell if these are "load bearing" - Why plastic?

5. The electric hookup "hatch" cover is missing - is this a standard part at an RV store or is this something I need to order from TM? It's not the typical round one I've seen on other RVs.

6. Mine doesn't have an awning. How much is it to add one? How hard is it to install?

7. I would like to mount a television but do not have the cabinet above the sink. Does anyone make a TV mount that could be hanged the bathroom wall? What other methods are best for mounting a tv where there is no kitchen cab? I want to be able to watch from the dinette with up to 4 people.

8. Some interior paint is missing due to rubbing - what is the best interior paint and color?

9. Curtain rails are damaged - are those standard parts or do they need to be ordered from TM?

10. What is the best way to fill the water when dry camping so you get max capacity? I sometimes camp where there are no facilities and need to fill up at home. I want to fill the 20 gal tank and then not lose 3 gals to the commode and another 6 to the hot water heater!

Thanks for any help on any of these items.

Matt