View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 08:01 AM   #1
Liberty Bell

Default New Owner Repair & Tire Advice

Hello, we are the new owners of a 2000 3124KB and are doing that "driveway work" trying to get her ready to go out. I have several new owner questions that I hope you can help me with, or point me to another thread that I might have missed. Okay:

1) The left dinnette sofa has a bed that slides out on a metal track. That track runs over top of the furnace and near the fresh water tank. Our left side track is not secured to the wall of the TM and just kind of moves up and down - seems kind of flimsy. On the right side, the track is screwed to a wood post and is solid. Has anyone run into this, and if so, found a way to resecure it? I'm a little nervous about doing too much work near the furnace unit but if this thing is supposed to be fastened to the wall, I'm looking for ideas.

2) Our trailer front door seems to suffer from "separation" issues, and it could be that it just isn't level, but I'm looking for an easy latch of some sort to hold the top and bottom together when camping. I'm thinking others must have some good ideas on this one.

3) I've read many of the discussions on the tire wells, square vs round, and the tire size, 15" vs 14". What I'm trying to find out is the frequency with which the 15" tires have blown out vs the "14". I know with bigger tires, there are less rotations, less heat, etc., so I'm thinking that the risk of the bigger tires failing is less and maybe I don't need to modify the wells. Just looking for data here.

4) Regarding the 4 clips on the outside corners of the trailer that keep the unit "tight" when folded (as opposed to the stronger latches that you release and unrelease), one of my reciving clips that is mounted on the tailer is missing and I need to replace. Has anyone found a good source for this piece of metal, other than TM, and a better way to remount as the holes are stripped out.

Thanks!