View Single Post
Old 09-21-2003, 09:28 PM   #9
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Default Re:Towel rack solution found

Ya know, we've been wondering when the mice were going to get into our TM....they got into our 63 Aloha.

We took it down to one of the Missions outside of King City, CA, (one of the kids had their standard 4th grade Mission report) and didn't know the mice were in there. Got into to bed Friday night, kind of felt some little pebbly things under the sheets, thought they were "nerds" (little hard candy things the kids like, and had that day) so just kind of brushed them aside, but when we woke up and it was light, well, ugh, we'd found mouse turds under the sheets.

And they were everywhere, in the silverware drawer, oven, all the places I'd so carefully cleaned weeks before. We couldn't use any of the silverware and had to go to Taco Bell in King City for dinner. We even found a dead mouse in the drain bucket we'd put outside. YUCK!

We live in the country and are used to those things OUTSIDE but I hate it when they get INSIDE. Our outside cat does a good job of keeping them away from the house.

When we got back, we used that expandable foam to seal up all the cracks and crevices and that kept the mice out.

Anybody else had mice in their TM? I can see a lot of daylight coming from under the sink, next to the water tank, etc. We bought a can of foam sealant but haven't used it yet.
B_and_D is offline   Reply With Quote