View Single Post
Old 09-20-2003, 07:36 AM   #8
smookie

Default Re:Towel rack solution found

Hello everyone!
We had a great summer in our 2004SL and spent a month in it along the east coast from Maine to Florida. The storage in it for two of us was pretty good. Here are a couple of the things we did to make it better for us.

1. We use large plastic tubs for all the food and dishes so that we can just slide them forward to see what we need. These were bought in Walmart and of various sizes to fit the odd spaces under the stove side cabinets.

2. Instead of a complicated shower head holder, we bought a little plastic wall mounted holder that has two positions for the shower head built in, from Home Depot. With "Easy Pass" velcro (the really industrial strength kind), we velcro the plastic holder to the wall of the shower near the ceiling. We just put the shower head in there and it works great. Be sure to remove it before closing the TM.

3. We keep almost all of our shoes inside shoe bags in the wardrobe. We even use a shoe bag for storing underwear and socks. There are short shoe bags that have 12 pockets each.

4. Those small plastic self-sticking hooks are great for sticking on the wardrobe. We hang a clock there since our 2004 model didn't come with a clock on the front cabinet.

I did a lot of the ideas that I read in this board. Thanks to everyone for sharing!!

We shortened our shower curtain and added a row of pennies for weights. Also, we use clothespins to be sure the edges stay together.

I wish we had a more time to camp some more, but it is down for the season now.

The last tip: We keep an ultrasonic noise maker inside it all winter and cover it with a tarp. We live in the country and the mice discovered us a few years ago. Ever since then, we run the machine and it seems to work.