View Single Post
Old 09-11-2003, 11:35 AM   #6
hal

Default Re:Towel rack solution found

We installed a wire bracket type drawers in our cabinets. In this way my wife does not need to get down on her knees to get something. We picked up the drawers from the Container Store. Each model (style) trailer should be able to duplicate what we did. If your air conditioner is built into the wall, you will have fewer drawers and if you have a larger trailer, you may be inventive and have more. I have the plans and directions that we made up for installing ours. The brand is Elfa and mini size work great.

2- Re the hanger system that is hung on the folding wall in the hallway. If there is one thing that bugs me about living in a trailer is the number of things I have to get out (install) and take down to store each time we raise the trailer or lower it to get on the road. Even removing one of these tasks makes camping much more pleasant for me. I did some figuring and discovered that if one is carefull in their measurment, a permant rack can be attached to this wall. When folded down, this rack would miss the terlit and the bathroom sink.

3- We have designed a shelf system that hangs on the clothes cabinet. The frame remains hung permanantly and the shelves are inserted into it. The frame is thin enough so that when the clothes cabinet is laid down on the floor, the rear bed can still pass over it. Also, this frame supports this cabinet in three places (the hinge plus to parts of the shelf frame.) It takes ten seconds to have the shelves in place and they are removed just as quickly for travel. I have plans for making this shelf system, free for a self addressed business sized envelope and a stamp. If I can figure how to get pictures on this new site, I will post them.

Somewhere on this site is a picture of our hands free shower set up. These include instructions for tailoring your shower curtain to fit your tub. If you write you might as well ask for a copy of these plans.
-I also have plans for replacing the present door knobs with lever type, replacing the kitchen faucet with a single lever one. Also plans for installing 12 volt night lights which are hooked up to the "kill" switch. Each set of plans are free except for an SASE. You had better add a stamp or two if you request more than one.

And our pride and joy is our screen door. It fits on the sill of the lower door and swings with this door. Its frame is collapseable and all rolls up and slides into a 4" tube. The six page plans, complete with parts list, are available for $5.00 and an SASE.

Hal Swanson
709 S. York St.
Denver, CO 80209