View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 08:31 AM   #1
Canoe719

Default Shelving, blinds and TV stands

I made some shelves on either side of the wardrobe with tracking and brackets. They are adjustable so you can raise or lower them. We also put one on the side of the over the sink cabinet. We usually place a small oscillating fan on that one. My wife uses the other shelves for spices and other kitchen things.... The TV stand(s) are just shower rods (suspension type) that I drilled a hole in and inserted a small "s" hook in which to hang the TV. I easily attached some picture wire to the back of the TV and removed the stand and hung it. Works very well without taking up any counter space. I put one end of the rod on the ledge along the wall and the other edge is on the ceiling. We now have a bedroom TV and one in the dining area. … Also put mini blinds in right over the curtains. I used brackets similar to the cabinet brackets. The blinds come down and store on the bed during travel. The curtains remain in the open position always and privacy is achieved by using the blinds. See photos. An easy fix.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bedroom tv.JPG
Views:	679
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	4548

Name:	Wardrobe shelves.JPG
Views:	678
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	4549

Name:	Utensil rack.JPG