View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 03:33 PM   #3
ib4classics

Gerry, more follow up. With our 3023 we have not increased our total lengt form our old trailer which was 23 '. We have greatly expanded our living and usable area with the 3023.
I know it was a short trip but there was the 6% grade and I lost 2 miles per gallon towing the 3023.
We took a week long trip to Florida a few years ago with the old trailer and I had a Tundra with the same V8 then, 390 axle ratio on the Tundra and 373 on my current 4 Runner which I think is the same axle ratio yu have. We got 8-9 mpg towing the convential trailer, loaded but dry, which had the about the same dry weight as our current 3023.
No we can't just walk back and walk in the trailer but after having had both I would take the 3023 or the 2720 over a conventional trailer.
We have had pop ups, cab over camper on a pickup and pulled a boat, motorhome and pulled a small car behind, conventional travel trailer, and for leisure rving at an affordable price, I pick the original Trailmanor.
Sorry to be so long winded but I know this is your first time and it's a big choice.