View Single Post
Old 05-06-2022, 09:04 AM   #10
Kmikesell
TrailManor Master

A little history.

Just after purchasing my NTM 2720 SL I plugged temporarily into shore power, almost and immediately the GFCI on the circuit "popped". I struggeld to find out why, and came to this forum for answers.... And I got great info.

I was told that it was probably due to the heating element of the water heater was burned out and that by disconnecting the two electrical leads the short would be eliminated and I could replace the heating element at my leisure.

Since most of my camping is w/o hook-ups, this seemed like a good temoprary solution. The next time I had the TM on shore power, DW tried to "prep" the fridge and cool it off to store items for out next trip, she noticed the fridge was not getting cold on shore power. I informed her that the fridge and WH were on the same circuit and that when I replaced the heating element, the fridge would work on shore power.

So I replaced the heating element, went off to the wilds of Evanston WY for a weekend getaway, (w full hook-ups). Now the fridge worked on AC but the W/H never got above ambiant temp.

As mentioned before, I DID turn the switch on. I DID check the two W/H push button circuit breakers, and it's still not heating of the water.

So this is where I am at the moment. TM is in storage, and I have a camping trip planned in two weeks. Prior to that trip I will bring the TM home (Can't park any trailer on the streets for more than 24 hours) and will be putting up a 100 Watt solar panel system and addressing this issue... Although I don't have a full hook-up trip planned for the rest of the year, it would be nice to have this issue resolved and off the "to do list".

Kory
DH/DW 2018 Ford F-150
North Utah
Kmikesell is offline   Reply With Quote