View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 08:26 AM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

dfranke -

Re question 2:

The red light (which is right beside the water heater switch) does not indicate that the water heater is on. It indicates that the gas burner is in the process of lighting (it is self-lighting). Once the flame is lit, the red light goes out.

For the life of me, I can't remember an amber light that is associated with the water heater. And the Gallery photos on the TM site don't show one, either. Look at the 23rd and 26th pictures at http://trailmanor.com/WebDocs/Showro...Gallery08.html - is your TM different? Was there a previous owner who might have installed one? At any rate, it sounds to me like the amber light indicates that shore power is available to the water heater. But since you were dry camping, you didn't have shore power, and hence the light was out.

And I urge you to take B&D's advice and get a square drive screwdriver of the appropriate size. Cheap at any hardware store. Almost all of the screws in the TM have square drive heads, so you are bound to need one. Maybe even get a kit of three different sizes. If the screw isn't too tight, you can often use a Phillips driver to turn it - but sometimes you can't. For $5, do it right.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote