View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 11:14 PM   #1
dfranke

Default Change Tire & water heater questions

Every trip with my new 2619 brings a few new unanticipated challenges. First, we really like our TM, but the owners manual was obviously written by someone who knows the TM line inside and out. Just once I'd' like someone to write a "how to" manual from the point of view of some who does not know "how to". But that should be a whole new thread in itself......anyway.

The tires on my TM should not have been an issue as my TM is a 2007 with less than 4,000 miles. So, my tire goes flat on the interstate. While looking for "how to change a tire" in the manual, a Goodyear roadside assiatance truck (unbelieveable right?) pulls up behind us and changes our tire out for $25.00. As it turns out the valve had deteriorated, so he changed that out. As he was inflating the tire it's side wall blew out. He said it would be under warranty so I should check that out. He then changed out the bad tire with the spare that he suggested we also change the valve when possible. He also said that although I may have a 2007 TM, my tires may have been sitting on a lot somewhere for much longer.

Questions. I read someplace where the fender needs to come, off and a special tool is needed. The Goodyear guy easily removed the tire without taking off the fender. So apparantly this is not true. Yes, no?

The tire changing instructions, of course not found under any "change tire" index, said to put the jack on the frame by the axle. The Goodyear guy put the jack right on the axle. Where should the jack really go?

The Goodyear guy said to take pressure off the tire, first use the two rear levelors to raise the back end of the TM, then jack up the TM. Yes, no?

The good news is that for 25.00 I was back on my way within about .5 hour.

Question two. We tried dry camping for the first time and all went well, however, I distinctly remember that on a previous trip using the water heater that the water heater, working quite well, showed the switch lit up red when on, and the small little round light next to it also was lit (amber). This was how I remebered it. This time everything worked well (the same) yet the small amber light was not on. The manual said the "amber light" shows the heater is on. It was not, so what was going on as we had hot water for four days?

Thanks for your replys....