View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 06:29 PM   #1
dfranke

Angry Love my TM, so do mice.

I am a 2619 owner for about a year now. Last time I used my TM was in June. Its parked outside (covered) on a gravel pad. We were not going to open it up before a trip next week but now we are glad we did. Mouse nest in rear bumper which is not to bad. However the mice were having a field day inside. Chewed a hole in the bath curtain, chewed up toilet paper, paper towles and generally made a mess. Does anyone have any experiance with where I might begin to look for entry points?

I did not cover the furnace exhausts to the outside. I also noticed a rather inviting area around the sewage pipe where it enters the TM but can't see far enough in to see if that should be blocked off. You would think it would be.

When closed, is it possible that mice could enter between the two shells, particularly around the door?

Last, any suggestions for keeping them out other than parking in a secured area? I have used moth balls, dryer sheets etc. in cars I have stored but am looking for other ideas. Thanks for your help.

Don